In my feedback on my questionnaire I asked the question “do you have any of your own ideas on how to present this type of photography?“  I was given the idea to have more than one model and I thought this could actuall look quite nice and create the idea that women are  strong but when they unite their stronger.   after the photo shoot with more than one model I looked through the photo and the photos that weren’t pixelated because the background actually created a really nice feeling of unity.  As I’m doing  women’s rights I feel like having more than one model is quite a nice idea as in a woman’s rights man there are thousands of women stick together fighting for the same course.  I was also given the idea to have bold colours and I did this in my third photo shoot where I decided to overlay the images instead, as I was overlaying the images I didn’t need to project anything onto a white background so instead are used a bright orange background because when I overlaid the images I thought it might give it a retro look and make it found out.

 I think that research I have done has made me aware that mostly women and historians would be interested in this topic as it is a big part of history for women. I think that it may also reach out to older women, I would like to reach out to younger women to show that they don’t need to fight alone on that there is people fighting for the same cause

I think using primary and secondary research has helped me develop my ideas because I’ve been able to research different things such as women’s rights movement how to take better photo  using different angles et cetera and I’ve been able to do primary research into them.  I think this helped me as I was able to find out what worked for me and what I thought looked good for my project. For example I did secondary research into ISO levels so that I knew what was the best level to have when shooting in the dark. After doing secondary research On this topic I went to my garden and took some photos of the sunset changing the iOS levels to see which level was better as the location I am shooting in has low lighting.

 One of the best bit of information I learnt from my research was to have the projector above eyelevel and I found this extremely useful as I  was able to reduce shadowing in the projection almost none which made the photos look more realistic and like models almost in the photo.  I also like that before women  won the right to vote in big elections they achieved a victory of been able to vote in small council elections this may not of been what they wanted but it’s an achievement from not being able to vote, and  Think this push them to kept fighting for a bigger part in politics.

 This will be useful for when I’m doing my project as I would have a better understanding of the background of women’s rights and will be able to adapt the models poses to the background story of the women’s suffragettes. I also think that  The research into the video projection will be useful even if it is for videos and not steals because I learnt that if you have the project above eyelevel of the models it reduces shadowing and you able to get closer to take close-up pictures.

 This week I have done the second Photo shoot with three models instead of one I think my earlier planning was useful as  I was able to get different images of different jobs from nowadays and back in the olden days. However I do feel that I could’ve had got better images as the ones I use were not all at a high quality standard which made the photos look quite pixelated. Even though some of the images were pixelated the ones with the  coloured background were quite good standard and a nice quality post. I do think I could have  done more research into the  women’s rights marches as these images ended up being my final images.

 I think my planning into overlaying images will be quite useful as I’m not quite liking images with the projection over the top,  I think that the overlaying me look slightly better than what I have at the moment because there won’t be shadowing and it will give better dimensions with in the photo and make the models look like they’re part of the image.

 I have  put into practice my skills on Adobe photo shop, I ended up  taking photos of my models with out projections over them on orange background  so that I can overlay the images on photo shop. I think this is a better way of doing it then projections because both the  Image of the models and the overlay image at a better quality standards then any of the projected images and create a different sort of mood and atmosphere to the image that was in there with the projections.

 I think my final  images are a lot more professional  and at a higher standard than the ones where I projected the image on to the models because  they are better quality.  I also think that they have a more professional look because  overlay edit I did as being able to edit My images made the overall project more professional than the projections with no edits. However having an imag  that was not needed to be edited is a good thing too because it means your photo was poo wa my images made the overall project more professional then the projections with no edit. However having an image that was not needed to be edited is  are you the projection is a good way of showingof your photography skills.

 I have also change the idea of having images of women’s job roles that women weren’t necessarily allowed to do and showing them how times have changed.  I have now started from when women were secretaries and unable to choose the jobs they wanted to know what they have thought in parades to get the rights they deserve.

 As my product is a video installation I have not distributed the whole installation to anyone.  This would not be a possibility until it is set up for the exhibition however I have shown people video by self and have had some good responses. I have had suggestions that  The parts in the video where I have my Mojo with a quote on her back is slightly too fast to read and to slow it down which I have done however in order to slow it down the whole video has  has been Sloan so was not able to decrease the speed on the images too much.

 If I were to re-distribute my projects I would probably put together the whole installation so that I can get feedback on the entire project and not just a video I think that by doing this I would have a better idea of what I needed to edit or develop on and I would also have a better concept of the overall product. I also think that if the whole installation was in tact it would give the audience a better context to what my project is about and would help  them to understand the background of women’s rights better, to adapt their knowledge and maybe make a change.

I looked at different ways to create the effect of a projection in case what I was planning to do didn’t look to a high enough standard’s and I came across overlaying images.  I thought this would be a good backup so I did some research into it and found out that it gives the illusion of a projection where you can see both images across each other. When I did my primary research into this topic I found that it was an easy alternative to be a backup in case what I was doing backfired.

 Throughout my project I have had different methods of feedback such as questionnaires and focus groups where I have asked a series of questions and got responses from either anonymous messages or people on my course. One of the most helpful pieces of feedback I got was to have  more than one female model I have chosen to take this on board as it will create a strong message to the audience that will be seeing my project. I will have also had the feedback to slow down the images in my video so that you are able to read the messages across the models back which I have also done as I said in the previous question I was not able to sit down too much without distorting the sound.

Peer feedback did have a role in my project that was very helpful and gave some good ideas to develop my project. I feel like it was a mediu Peer feedback did have a role in my project that was very helpful and gave some good ideas to develop my project. I feel like it had  not a very big part in this project but it wasn’t necessarily needed towards the end however I do feel I could of had more peer feedback towards the beginning of the project as lots of ideas were thrown rounds and could’ve been adapted Alan to create the final piece quicker.

My teacher advise me to concentrate on how I am producing my photography and not just how I am taking the photos which I found very constructive and his advice was able to research some excellent artists such as Bill Viola and Craig Walshe which if you have an inspirational my projects and I hope improve the standard of my work which I think it has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Techniques.

sound effects