The women’s rights photography’s main purpose is to raise awareness to those who don’t already know and those who do. Women  started fighting for their rights in public in 1866 from 1888 women could vote in many local council elections over the years there have been  thousands of women’s rights movements and organisations that are there to raise awareness of the situation and help  campaign. Many women started at a young age to stand up and fight for their rights to vote and be themselves however Not everybody shouted their opinions for example, many men did not agree with women complaining and organising movements as they were assumed to be fragile beings and to be controlled by their husbands this was apparent by the fact that women were on able to vote for themselves, whereas the husbands did it for them.

 I am going to create this by  using projections over the top of models to show that women are free to be who they wish to be. I am going to use different images over the years that women have been fighting starting from when they were unable to live their own  lives.  All the images leading up to  last will contain of women learning to fight for themselves and stand up for what they think is right for example the freedom of the vote, to many men at that Point in time it seemed like a stupid notion however they were not just fighting for their opinion on political events they were fighting to show that they were not as fragile as they were seen to be. For example Emily Pankhurst sacrificed her life for the cause. I wish to show victories  these women and how they have not only make their lives better they have created better lives future generations of Women and given them more of a choice, more advantages and fighting chance to own their own futures.

 Even though the whole FMP is about women’s rights and how women stood up for themselves this is not necessarily based target women.Yes my project is about raising awareness of these particular events and movements but only to show that if you’re willing to fight you can make a change. I’m not going to go say that only women will be targeted by this or only  men will be targeted by this, Because that’s not true I want this to affect as many people as possible  this is a historic series of events and movements that should be recognised, However I would like to think that when women see this project they will feel proud of the past and what that people have achieved for them. I would like to reach out to as many people as possible whether they be young, old, female or male.
 However I do think that the majority of people that will be interested will be women or historians  as this is quite a phenomenal history of change.

 I had an issue in the first photo shoot because I plan to shoot the images in the small studio with a whiteboard as the background. I also had two projectors that I wanted to use however when I turned up on the day not all of the equipment was  available even when I had hired them previously, and the room wasn’t set up so I spent half of the photo shoot setting up before I could take the images. When I was shooting my second photo shoot with the three models I really liked the idea of having more than one female model.  I planned on using three models when I shut the third lot of images whether one of the models was unavailable at the time and therefore I had to take the photos of only two models this isn’t necessarily the worst thing but I would’ve preferred to have three models answer to.

 I was not necessarily able to get all the equipment that I needed however I did manage to get one project and use a white wall instead of the whiteboards I was also able to get a computer and camera. In the third photo shoot where I was missing a model I was able to get the images I wanted and I actually think they look slightly better because the image wasn’t crowded with two models whereas with three models it was a bit too much

 The equipment I will need is a projector so that I can project images onto both background and the model, a camera to take the photos that I need, a tripod so that the stays in place and I get a clear shot, I will also need roll down screen that the models come for Stanton and have as the background to create a Christian background and so that the projection shows up.  I might also need extra lighting in case the images are too dark.

I will research into the background of women’s rights and how can you start as this will be useful to know going onto my project because I plan to start the photos earlier on before women necessarily has the same rights as they do now and as the photos Go on the images will become more about women’s rights marches so research into the movement also be helpful to. I will also research how to edit my photography and how to edit a small film that will be projected behind the images  in the final piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Techniques.

sound effects